My babies are taking another big step toward not being my babies anymore. :-( While I appreciate the times that they allow me to sleep through the night (still not a certainty after 2 1/2 years), entertain one another without drawing any blood, & are just generally precious, sweet little toddlers, at times it really makes me sad that my babies are growing up. Over the holiday weekend, we took a trip out to the furniture stores. As those who know me best could attest, a lot of my somewhat significant purchases are done on days of "just looking". When we were trying to decide what kind of beds to purchase for the twins when the time came along, Alex & I thought we would buy a set of bunk beds that could be separated into 2 twins. We could keep the twins in the same room right now, & then move Sean in with Zach & bunk the beds when Zach's big enough to sleep on a top bunk. Makayla could then have Zach's bed or a new one depending on the timing. Well, then comes our trip. I found a captain's bed that I really liked. I wanted something similar for Zach when he turned his crib over to Sean, but we took the cheaper route since we had the two other little money drains sucking up diapers, formula, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, this time I couldn't resist. Now Makayla has her permanent bed, & we'll look at bunk beds again in a couple of years when Zach's a bit bigger. Now we'll even have a little extra space when company's in town. I was really concerned with how the kids would do when they weren't contained, but it's actually gone pretty well. Nap times, I'm sorry to say, are probably a thing of the past. But bedtime has been pretty smooth. They play around for a while, but they end up climbing in bed & knocking out. If only I could convince them to do the same in the afternoon!
Closing out 2023
2 years ago
4 comments:
I love the bed. It looks awesome!!! I am jealous. I want one just like it!!!
That is a beautiful bed and i love how it comes out and goes back in. Sweet! Good luck with no more nap time. Adelaide's trying to give that up too. We're down to maybe a couple times a week. It makes for lots of meltdowns when i'm trying to get dinner on the table. =) i'm sure you know exactly.
Love the bed! Where did you find it? I am looking for a new bed for one of my boys, too. I'm ready to take Tyler out of the crib, but haven't decided if he'll actually be the one to get the new bed, or my oldest son, who shares a bunk bed with our middle son... Did you follow all of that? =)
How cute! I want to find a bed like that for me! I would say "minus the pull out bed...but hey, you never know. jon has to sleep SOMEWHERE when he's in trouble, right? haha
Post a Comment