Thursday, June 4, 2009

Zach's Preschool Graduation - 05/19/09

Zach had his first preschool graduation.  He did a home based program called HIPPY.  Instead of going to preschool everyday, you have an instructor come visit your home bi-weekly.  The other weeks, you actually go to the school.  All of the lessons are given to the parent, & the parent teaches the child one on one.  It was a lot of fun to work with Zach this past year.  He's such a smart little boy, & I love him!!!!!!!  The graduation was exactly what I expected.  They  all marched in together & sang a few songs that they'd learned.  What did Zach do?  NOTHING!  He just stood there like a statue the whole time.  We're sending him to a regular preschool this fall.  Hopefully the daily interaction will help him overcome some of his shyness.  I want to help him get ready for kindergarten as much as I can.  Anyway, here are a few pictures from the festivities... 
My shy little darling.
Each kid was able to decorate a square.  They put them all together to make a little wall hanging for the graduation.  Zach got to keep his square.
Zach with his instructor, Mrs. LeaAnn.  She was so great with him.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the idea of a home-based preschool!! Congrats to Zach!!