Monday, February 23, 2009

Kayla needs to be good so the Holy Ghost can play with her!

Usually on our way home from church I try to get Zach to tell me what his lesson was about in Primary (like the kids' Sunday School class).  I usually hear "I don't know."  I'm sure his teachers work very hard to prepare lessons that will keep the attention of 4 year olds, but Zach just usually isn't a man of many words.  At least when it comes to Q & A sessions.  If he's unhappy about something or has a question, it's a totally different story!  Anyway, yesterday I forgot to ask what his lesson was about.  This morning I got an abbreviated version.  Makayla was throwing a hissy fit about something - I'm not even sure she knew why!  Zach came up to me & said "Makayla needs to be good so the Holy Ghost can be here."  I asked him if he talked about the Holy Ghost in Primary yesterday.  He said "Yep, we need to be good so the Holy Ghost can play with us!"  So I asked him if the Holy Ghost would be here if we were mean & did bad things.  "No!" was his reply.  I guess he is paying attention after all, even if he doesn't always want to tell me what his lessons are about.  Thanks Sister Bull & Sister Harris!!  I've now had about an hour or so of constant updates as to whether or not the Holy Ghost can be in our house, depending on the moods of Sean & Makayla, mostly Makayla.  According to Zach, he's been good all morning so the Holy Ghost can be here.  I'll have to agree, he's been a pretty good guy this morning!!!  I love you Zach!!!

6 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

That is so funny! I love when the kids start to learn little things in church and apply them in their lives, or in this case his sister's life!!

De Anne said...

That's excellent! It's great that he is able to recognize the difference at such a young age.

Nicole said...

So sweet! That's the kind of thing you want to always remember, so good for you for blogging about it. =)

Christy said...

HAHA! That's awesome.

Kelly said...

That's so cute!

KathiG said...

Wonder if that would work on Grant? HA!! According to Megan he's a regular little stinker---her words, not mine! ;-)

BTW, glad you're back. ;-)