Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat

Zach was so excited for Halloween this year.  We've seen Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse, & Higglytown Heroes all have Halloween fun; he couldn't wait to join in the festivities!  This year I actually tried asking Zach what he wanted to be for Halloween.  I'm not sure if we'll be doing that again.  He was determined to be a ghost.  I'm sure the idea came from at least one of the shows listed above.  So I decided I'd be the dutiful little homemaker & make his costume.  I pulled out my sewing machine (I'm sure my parents will be glad to hear it gets used occasionally) & started sewing away on my twin size sheet.  I put together his little costume & got him to try it.  Of course, he would have none of it.  He didn't like the hole for his face, so I thought I'd make it bigger.  That didn't help either.  Now I had to find another costume & forget the time I'd spent figuring out this amazing ghost.  Good thing MawMaw & PawPaw had gotten him a football uniform a couple of years ago that was way too big.  So our final costumes ended up being: Zach - football player; Sean - hobo; Makayla - angel.  Apparently my sewing machine could have stayed in the closet where it usually resides.  I'm not sure if it will make an appearance at future Halloweens or not...
We hope everyone else had as much fun on Halloween as we did!!

5 comments:

KathiG said...

It's fitting that Zach would be a football player. Wonder what Scott will say to that? Sean looks like Steven did for his first Halloween when we lived in New York. Wish I could find pics of that but not sure I even have any. Yeah, me, not having a picture of Steven. HA!! And Makayla looks totally adorable. Can't wait to see the pics of my grandkids. Megan was a mummy, Olivia was a princess & I totally went blank on what Grant was. Oh, glory be, the mind is going!!!!!

Carrie "Pie" said...

Hey! I just found your blog! I'm excited! Your kids are getting so big!

Kelly said...

CUTE!!!

Amy said...

Oh Shana! Makayla looks just like you!! What sweet pictures! I'll have to post our Halloween costume pics...Addie dressed up as a CHS cheerleader! My Jr. High skirt actually fit her perfectly. Trey was a Jedi (big surprise), and Lindsay was a princess (even bigger surprise since last year she was a "little stinker" aka Skunk). :)

Amy said...

Hey Shana! You seriously need to post some more pictures! I'm falling out of the loop...which is why I tagged you on my blog! :) Love ya!!!